Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gifu, Japan


And arrival in Gifu!! Please forgive me for the gap in updates/arriving photos...I was too excited to take pictures haha ^^ When I arrived at Nagoya Station I saw my host family right away! I immediately introduced myself and we then boarded a normal train. After about 10 minutes or so, we arrived in Gifu, Japan! :)

Gifu is 田舎 or countryside. In other words, some of the things I wanted to do (like go to Akihabara and what-not) are likely not gonna happen. That said, I still am doing plenty of fun things here and am learning new things everyday!

Here are some photos~ 

 



 There is a really big mall nearby where I live. Inside it there are various stores/places, including...
ROUND 1
This place is godly. It has karaoke, arcade machines, gambling, purikura, and bowling! It's a blast. The above is virtual horse racing gambling.
 Purikura! Eventually I'll have to share the purikura pics we did :)

 My host sisters! I <3 THEM! :)

One Piece UFO machine. One Piece is unbelievably popular in Japan...I see it everywhere

 Taiko drum aracde machine! (yes I forgot the name of it somehow...-__-;) It is INCREDIBLY fun to play! I'll have to upload the video of me playing it later ♪

 Boba drinks in Japan! For the life of me, I could not find Thai Boba tea! Still, Caramel Golden Milk Boba will do for now!~

 Ads (広告) on elevators :O

 A Mexican goods store in Japan?? I worry for its well-being...Although it was really cool to me :)









 I LOVE the way Gifu looks! There are rivers running through the town everywhere. Everything is a bit mossy from the cold weather, and there are power cables strewn about on dangerously narrow streets. To me, it's so different from what I'm used to...I really like it...:) Every day in the morning and after-work time (5:30) there is a PM that the whole town can hear. It's endearing haha (挨拶+曲)That is, a greeting and a song

 About a three minute walk away from my house is a shrine!



 You wash your hands here..

 The town's 神様 is a horse










 Yup, it's that big..























 A bajillion handmade paper cranes...







A snack in Japan...A small piece of waffle with syrup in it already...Delicious! I have a ton more to share but I'm gonna end it for now! Next time...Karaoke pics/more arcade and pics of my school :D

I miss you guys! <3





8 comments:

  1. The taiko game is "taiko no tatsujin" I think. And cool! Gifu looks really awesome!! I miss you girrrrlll -heart- glad to hear you're having a blast :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gifu is wonderful! :D I miss you boyyyyy -heart- It's already been around three weeks, hasn't it? My Japanese is improving--I think...but to be honest I hear a lot of english everyday (host sister speaks really well and my homeroom teacher at school speaks a ton..) I'm a bit worried I won't learn as much as I wanted, but Rome wasn't built in day, right? xD I've been making a list of things we need to do when I get back hehe. For now I'm freaking out! School speech tomorrow...ackk

      Delete
  2. So glad you're having so much fun. I noticed you were holding bags at the mall - good shopping? I'm sure you'll come home with treasures. We should have picked up some more memory cards for your camera - perhaps you can buy some there. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great shopping haha! :) I've already been to a camera store (weee!) so far so good

      Delete
  3. EMILY I MISS YOU AND I LESS THAN THREE YOU.

    Also, Gifu looks sooooo stereotypically japanese!!! I always thought Japan would be more... western :P

    IT LOOKS SO AWESOME AND FUN.

    <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! The big cities of Japan prolly look more western, yeah! But Gifu is very teeny weeny :o) I'm having a great time! I miss you too! <3 <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  4. Wow! Gifu looks like the wonderfully idealistic cultural/countryside part of Japan that is so beautiful. I really love all the shrines and narrow streets, and rivers shown :) Looks beautiful! Your host family looks nice, how are they? Please update when you can, but don't skip out on anything to do so haha <3 Can I have a link to your youtube channel? I'd like to see said videos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very beautiful! :D My family is very kind and energetic. As for videos, I haven't done any. I think I'll do some post-trip on and advice and stoof, but I'm too busy right now xD; Miss you!

      Delete